- is a lively, creative individual who loves to be with kids and is skilled in helping each child grow to realize her/his individual unique potential.
- enjoys the energy, spontaneity, creativity and imagination that is characteristic of children, and hasn't lost these qualities in his/her own life.
- can teach specific activity skills as well as help each camper gain the confidence needed to achieve his/her goals.
- can work with kids at every skill level, believing that there is as much personal growth and enjoyment to be had by the novice as by the highly accomplished.
- exemplifies an attitude toward competition that appreciates each camper's desire to improve his/her own skills, rather than over-emphasizing competition between individuals in which there is always a winner at the expense of a loser.
- is curious, has many different interests and can facilitate the positive growth of children in all its aspects: intellectual, creative, physical, emotional and social.
cares about and respects other people and an appreciates differences among them.
- volunteers to do more than her/his "fair share" and is willing to be flexible as situations change.
is an exemplary role model for children.
- works cooperatively with other staff members and is a positive "team player".
- wants to have fun at camp this summer and help our campers have the summer of their lives.